Sunday, 13 June 2010

Natural beauty





As of yesterday I have my very own laptop, so I can finally start posting on a regular basis-yay!


Fashion, make-up and accessories are a big interest of mine, I like to treat everyday like a special occasion worth dressing up for. Since this is something that I get a lot of comments on from both friends and strangers I have decided it's something I'm going to focus my posts on for now.
I am a qualified Beauty Therapist and worked as one for many years although now I work solely as a make-up artist. So much of my knowledge base with skin products has come from that although I have done my own private research for years now including many, many hours of experimenting. Most of my own recipes or recipes I have picked up come from India in origin. You can easily pick up any of the ingredients in any Indian shop. Indian women tend to have beautiful skin and hair no matter what their income, they use what they have.
Today I'm going to focus just on face masks. I wouldn't be without my weekly Facial, which I will detail more another time, but the face mask is certainly the star of the show. You don't have to spend huge amounts of money to have amazing skin (no matter what any celebrity may tell you) and the recipes I am going to tell you all cost under fifty cents.
Oily Skin
One and a half tablespoons of Sandalwood powder
Tiny pinch of turmeric
Three tablespoons of orange juice
Dry skin
One egg white
One tablespoon of honey
One tablespoon of cream
Normal skin
Two tablespoons of milk powder
Rosewater to mix
Cleansing face mask
2 tablespoons oatmeal
4 tablespoons of whey ( I use the 'water' that separates out of natural yoghurt')

All of these mask recipes you just need to combine and brush on and leave for ten minutes. For best results you should lie down in a lavender scented bath with candles and relaxing music playing ;)
I use the normal skin mask and every time I use it my skin becomes amazingly soft and radiant. Try it for yourself!
* Sorry for the no spaces between anything! Blogger wont let me today......

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails