Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Honey hand lotion



The ice has been replaced by torrents of rain (again!) and it is so cold here today. I don't have to leave the house until I go to work at three so it's a perfect day to spend the afternoon in the kitchen experimenting with new lotions and things.



I'm very big on hand cream because your hands are one of the first areas to age on your body plus they are highly visible. I like to have a little jar in several places (baby food jars are great) so I dont forget to use it! namely my bag, the car, my room of course and above the kitchen sink.




Here is my favourite recipe, so easy and inexpensive to make but makes your skin feel so soft.


Honey hand lotion


1 t clear honey
2 T almond oil
4 T rosewater
1 t cider vinegar
Place ingredients in a glass jar and shake to combine.
Couldnt be any easier right! The reason I make it in small quantities is because all natural cosmetic products tend to go rancid within a few weeks, you can however prolong them by keep them in the fridge.



2 comments:

Jules said...

I'm going to have to try that lotion. I have everything but the rosewater on hand. I love making my own beauty products from ingredients that are found in the garden or kitchen. Much better than all those chemically-laden ones I'm sure.

I'm afraid it's no warmer where I live so probably not much point issuing an invite to come and stay with me. Plus we have a big old house that we cannot heat at this time of year. I guess all we can do is count down until Spring!

Bonnie said...

Jules I honestly think that this is the coldest winter we've had in a long time.

You can buy rosewater from any indian shop for two or three dollars, or you could always make your own!

If you get really dry hands you can combine equal amounts of glycerin and rosewater and leave for ten mins and then wash off, its amazing how they feel afterwards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails