Sunday, 20 June 2010

Low fat vegetarian Lasagne



As I write this a new recipe of mine is baking in the oven. I got this idea from the biggest loser recipe board but change it around. Sorry it's not exactly ordered or precise but that's not really my cooking style.


1 large jar of prepared pasta sauce ( I just made my own by throwing together some tomato paste, canned tomatoes, herbs, chili powder, garlic and onions)


Vegetables of any kind. Use what's in season, in the summer this would compromise of eggplants, courgettes, capsicum and anything else you have around. In winter spinach, carrots, tiny florets of broccoli and Kumera (sweet potatoes). Use as much as you would like.


4 sheets of wholemeal lasagna sheets


1 cup of cottage cheese or ricotta and 1/8 cup of milk


1/2 to 1 cup of lentils or beans (the original recipe said tofu but I'm not really a fan of that )


Salt and pepper to taste



You then just proceed to layer it like you would a normal lasagna. This one is full of fibre and protein but has no cholesterol or refined carbohydrates. It's perfect with a salad and freezes really well.

2 comments:

java girl said...

Oh Bonnie that looks soooooo yummy!!!

And about the photography. That is my prayer and goal right now! That God would bless my photography and that I will bless him with it!!

Have a wonderful day!

~da tigger~ said...

*drools* that looks totally delicious Bonnie! Thank you so much for posting it, I've now saved a copy of the recipe away and will definitely be trying it soon. Yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails