Saturday, 21 August 2010

Sushi


I am determined to get some recipes down this morning because people keep asking for them! I have only had three hours sleep and I need to go for a run soon but see how dedicated I am to my blog ;)




I looooooove Sushi, I eat it all the time and in many combinations. I never get sick of it!




What you need




Since I am vegetarian I am only going to list what I have in mine but feel free to add whatever you desire. The fillings I don't have all at once I just select a few.



Nori sheets (these I buy in packs of 25 from Moore Wilsons which is far far cheaper)



Cooked rice (I always use brown rice but lately I have been having quinoa for variety)



Sushi vinegar



Finely cubed cucumber

Grated Carrot
Slices of avocado

Slivers of onion

Marinated tofu

Alfalfa sprouts

Slices of omelet

Mung beans


Pickled Ginger (optional)


Soy sauce


Wasabi (optional again)


You will find a bamboo mat useful but you don't strictly need one.



Cook the rice, when finished stir in the sushi vinegar (or a mixture of rice vinegar and sugar) and leave to cool. Place a nori sheet on the bamboo mat and dampen the end of about 1 and a hald cm, wet your hands and pick up a handful of the rice and press it evenly all over the surface of the nori (except where the dampened edge is) place fillings about an inch down from the side closest to you in a horizontal line. Then it's time to roll, make sure you do it firmly or you will have all your fillings falling out everywhere!

Cut 1 cm off both ends to make it tiday and then cut into 7 pieces! I love mine with soy sauce and Wasabi (but not too much) this really takes minutes to prepare and I have it for lunch every second day. If I don't then I really start craving it!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails