Sunday, 1 March 2009

Love always perseveres

Yesterday I watched as my husband came home and packed the rest of his belongings and left with them. This morning I woke up and hoped with all my heart it was just a bad dream, but his side of the closest was still empty.

I would have to say watching him pack his things was one of the most excruciating things I have ever had to see. My mind raced with memories of this house- The first morning after my wedding and my heart brimming with joy that I could make my husband breakfast, the back garden evidence of the hours we spent creating it together, the kitchen table where we spent so many happy hours.

I knew at that moment people were praying for a reconciliation and praying that my husband would change his mind and when I asked him why he was leaving us he told me "I don't know". I was praying so hard that God would give me back my husband because I couldn't even for a moment imagine living my life without him.

At times I have debated putting such personal things on the Internet however I KNOW with absolute certainty that God is going to turn this situation around. When you think there is no hope, God comes in and does the impossible. He is the God of impossibilities. And if I could inspire just one women to keep hoping, praying and holding on in the worst of circumstances then sharing my heart will have been worth it.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7


Love always perseveres- No matter how much someone hurts or angers you true love does persevere. It is easy to be bitter and it is easy to be angry. It is hard to continually keep loving and praying for someone who keeps hurting you more than you ever thought you could be hurt.

But it also says that Love never fails. Even though we can't see it, God can!


If a wife should leave her husband, she must either remain single or else come back and make things right with him. And a husband has no right to get rid of his wife. On the other hand, if the unbelieving spouse walks out, you’ve got to let him or her go. You don’t have to hold on desperately. God has called us to make the best of it, as peacefully as we can. You never know, wife: The way you handle this might bring your husband not only back to you but to God. You never know, husband: The way you handle this might bring your wife not only back to you but to God. And don’t be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life. Don’t think I’m being harder on you than on others. I give this counsel in all the churches.”

(1 Corinthians 7:10,11,15-17 The Message)

1 comment:

java girl said...

Bonnie,

I know that watching him pack his stuff was very hard. I remember that day myself. I'm proud of you for blogging about it. It helps to write out your feelings and to say, yes this is what is happening. I remember looking at my living room and my husband had taken down a picture from the wall that we had purchased on our honeymoon. It made my whole house feel empty. It is a hard thing. Keep trusting in the Lord :O) Even when life doesn't make sense. Now I am living with my parents in the house is SOOO full I wish they would get rid of just a little bit!

God bless you today!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails