Thursday, 26 March 2009

Sunday traditions

Every Sunday after Church for as long as I can remember we have come home and made a pot of mercimek corbasi and ekmek which is a type of red lentil soup and bread. I want to keep the tradition up for my daughters sake, however my Turkish cooking leaves alot to be desired, my husband who is a chef on the other hand made it perfectly.

After lunch my husband would usually go to sleep for a little while I even though I didn't I just loved to lie next to him and listen to him breathe (does this sound creepy :) ) I think in those moments I felt so secure and happy and that nothing bad could ever happen.

And now I am unsure of what to do on a Sunday, often I will take my daughter to the park but seeing all the gorgeous, happy families makes tears come to my eyes because if truth be told sometimes I miss my husband so much I feel physically sick.

I truly wonder what other single mothers do on a Sunday, do they continue old traditions or do they start new ones?

I am going to my first Covenant Keepers meeting tomorrow night, maybe I can ask others then. I was so surprised to hear that in the meeting in my city seventy percent of the members are men, which means that Christian wives have left their husbands. My leader Dianne also told me that she has been divorced for nearly fifteen years but still holds so much hope for a reconciliation, how precious this woman is. How much she honours God and the covenant she made before him, she truly is such an inspiration to me (and many others as well I suspect).

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hi I just want to let you know that I've nominated you for The Lemonade Award for attitude and gratitude. I'd love for you to pop over and pick it you from my blog some time. Blessings, Jules.

Related Posts with Thumbnails