Wednesday, 25 March 2009

The end of Summer

Summer is officially over.I know that it ended a few weeks ago but I was holding out hope that it would extend itself just a bit further. However on my walk through the park today I noticed for the first time that the leaves were starting to fall from the trees, with all the things that have been going on in my own life I never even noticed the seasons had changed. How much it echoes my own life really.



I pulled up the second to last Zucchini plant today and harvested the first of the grapes.






And we collected the rest of these pretty beans and staked the Broad beans.





And when the cold winds arrived we came inside and read Paddington bear







And wrote out the second Psalm









And to finish had warm yoghurt and orange cake with more homemade yoghurt for afternoon tea.


I am so grateful for all I can do at with my time at home, my time spent homeschooling Aviva has been the most fulfilling of my life.

By the way the spelling of Yoghurt is not my poor spelling :) That is how we spell it in New-Zealand.

1 comment:

java girl said...

Bonnie,

This seems like a lovely day!! And the cake looks YUMMY.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails