Tuesday, 24 March 2009

The value of life

Our society seems to put such a small value on life sometimes, I know this should be obvious from the abortion rate but still it continues to shock me. I have had a few people say to me after my miscarriage that "Maybe it's for the best since your husband is not round"

What??????

When did it become perfectly fine to say that to someone? I honestly feel like writing a book called ' Things not to say to someone after a miscarriage' which will include chapters named 'Maybe it was all the stress you were under' and 'Now you can move on with your life'. I feel like screaming at these people that my baby was wanted, precious and above all very,very loved. I had chosen the Turkish name Sevilin which means beloved. I doubt any word could more accurately describe my baby. To make out that my life is better off without him rips my heart out. I know that in their own way these people mean the best and their intentions are not to hurt but I still wish they would think before they speak.


I came across this blog a while ago and it is so beautiful and precious I had to share it . It is the story of Myah and her baby Faith who has anencephaly, most babies with this condition are aborted but Myah although she is young and unmarried kept her darling daughter and now she is 32 days old!! How precious each day of Faith's is and it breaks my heart that so many mothers have missed out because their Doctors told them that terminating the pregnancy was the best option. I hope that you can look at Myah's blog and uphold her and Faith in prayer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails