Wednesday, 25 February 2009

That's all very well but....

I was thinking today that It's all very well to say I'm going to act more cheerful and have joy in my heart but well actually doing it is another thing altogether.

Today I text my husband and of course there was no reply and I could feel my heart sinking, I then started to get quite irritated with my daughter over things that wouldn't normally bother me.

So when we got home I decided to come up with a list (because I'm quite a practical person) of things I could do instead of feeling hurt and depressed when my circumstances get the better of me. I'm sorry if some of them are a little silly!

1.) Put on very happy and uplifting music and dance around the living room with my daughter :) preferably using hairbrushes as a microphone and as a bonus wearing pyjamas adds to the atmosphere too ;)

2.) Painting my toenails a very pretty colour, in my case today a bright pink that makes me smile every time I see it.

3.) Popping popcorn with my daughter and then watching a DVD under one of my fluffy blankets. The movie HAS to have a happy ending!

4.) Having a long bubble bath, listening to uplifting christian music and reading a wonderful book.

5.) Having cocoa and cookies straight from the oven, a book also adds to this :)

6.) Taking a basket with afternoon tea in it and going to the local park to have a mini picnic in the sun. Reading psalms while my daughter plays.

7.) Listening to Barlow girl, In particular 'You led me'

Good Morning the night is over and gone
I thought once this dark would last for so

Feel the sunlight on my face
You have brought me through this place

Jesus, Jesus You found me
Through the long night you led me
You set me free

Do you see just what You've done in my life?
You gave me more than I hoped for now I


Anyone feel like adding to the list?

2 comments:

java girl said...

I hope this doesn't seem uber American, but I am American so here it goes :o) (this smile included a crinkle of the nose because this soooo makes me happy!)

When things get truly tough for me (because like I have said before the storm is not completely over for me...) I need a Saturday to roll around because I love midmorning sunshine like no other, it is my favorite part of my day....

Okay on said Saturday I will dress my little darling up to match momma! My favorite thing to do is match how we style our hair too! Usually pig tails and a headband. Then with Christian music blasting in our upstairs rooms (what I lovingly refer to as our apartment) my little girl "helps" momma put on the makeup! She even puts a little bit on herself too, eyeshadow on the chin anyone?? Then we grab my handbag, her "hello kitty" bag and a few snacks and head thirty minutes to anear by bigger town. And here is the rest of the things we do that make me supper happy!!

Drive Car while wearing super big sunglasses, have Natalie Grant in the CD player and sing along very loudly as little one sways to the music from her car seat, look for moo moo's while we are driving the back roads to town (I love to go slow!) get to town head to local coffe shop for a yummy latte (my little girl knows that we are heading there when we are still two blocks away!) Get coffee and head to Target for bargain shopping (they have the best clearance items!!) buy a new cheap top and hopefully a new pair of cheap very bright and fun shoes for me and fresh play dough for the lil' darlin, go to Wendy's for "nuggets & frys" And head back home looking for more moo moo's. And if the weather is warm will we go swing at the park (that is her FAVORITE thing oh and throw in a tea party for good measure). The icing on the cake is if I can still get her to take her afternoon nap so I can organize my new treasures (aka cram them into my tiny closet)!! Praise MUSIC lifts my soul!!! Especially when I can lift the songs to God in my own voice!

Here's to pink toes and having to MAKE the EFFORT TO SEE THE SUNSHINE DURING THE STORMS OF LIFE!!

Bonnie said...

That sounds so fun! You are such a wonderful writer because I honestly feel like i'm right there with you.Roll on saturday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails