Monday, 23 February 2009

Don't tell me that's not a baby!

Since both the news of my pregnancy and the fact that my darling husband has left has come out, I have had a few people ask me 'What are you going to do?'. Someone very close to me suggested even that I not go through with it. As if that would even be an option I entertained for even a second.

The thought that someone could even suggest it makes me sick, what is worse is that so many people even see it as a viable option. I was talking to a non christian lady recently and she told me her son's girlfriend had recently undergone a termination because they 'didn't want to ruin their lives'. I wondered if she thought of the fact that this girl would have to spend every day for the rest of her life knowing she killed her unborn child. She would never, ever forget her baby and my guess is that in years to come she would bitterly regret her decision. Is that not a surer way to ruin your life?

When I was a teenager a friend of mine got pregnant unexpectedly, to someone she had only known for one night. She asked me to go with her to the school counsellor to get advice. His advice was that really a termination was the only option she had.She was told if she was to raise the baby then her life would be destroyed for ever. He never mentioned the possibility of adoption once. She went on to have a termination and when I saw her years later she admitted she had gone on to have two more.

A friend emailed me this the other day and I wanted to share it here.

The Wise Doctor A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 yr. old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'OK, and what do you want me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.' The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

The truth seems so obvious doesn't it? But so many women are swallowing the lies!

"It's just tissue, not a baby"
"It's not a baby until the heart is beating"
" Having this abortion will save your relationship from the stress of an unwanted baby"
" Abortions help reduce child abuse from women who are unfit to raise them

I thought I would replace it with some truths

Abortion has done nothing to reduce child abuse. Actually child abuse increased over 1000% from 1973, the year abortion was legalized throughout the United States, to 1986.

Researcher Emily Milling studied over 400 couples with women who had made a decision to have an abortion. Her research confirmed that 70% of their relationships ended within one month of the abortion. Sociologist Arthur Shostak found that three out of four male respondents had persistent day and night dreams about "the child that never was." And Linda Bird Franke has written "In my research, almost every relationship between single people broke up either before or after the abortion."

The California Medical Association referred to "the scientific fact, which everyone really knows, that human life begins at fertilization and is continuous whether intra- or extra-uterine until death.


Dr. Anne Speckhard, in a 1985 University of Minnesota study, researched "long-term manifestations of abortion" (5-10 years), and found that 81% of mothers reported preoccupation with their aborted child, 54% had nightmares, 35% had perceived visitations with their child, and 96% felt their abortion had taken a human life.



For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


Psalm 139:13-16

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails