Saturday, 21 February 2009

The peace only God can bring

I have started to panic lately about money, although I have always been careful with money now I am going to have to be incredibly frugal. but in the midst of all my worrying I forgot one thing, God has always provided for me no matter how dire the circumstances.

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

This morning I headed down to our local farmers market to stock up on fruit and vegetables, I didn't have very much money but was able to buy almost double of what I expected with half the money I have (the excess will go into the freezer). I am so blessed.

I feel so caught up with thinking about what I don't have and how miserable my morning sickness is making me feel that I forget how much the Lord has supplied me with. And it's not just this morning at the market. It's every time I open my eyes and look around. Even though it's still early days I don't feel hysterical at the thought of going through the rest of my pregnancy alone.I certainly still feel alone and hurt and just down right devastated and I am still holding out for healing of my husband and restoration of our marriage but even if that didn't happen as long as I hold onto Gods hand then I am going to be alright. This is the peace that only God alone can bring.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

Tomorrow I have to face the music so to speak at Church-It is obvious I am pregnant now-I cannot go for half an hour without feeling very nauseous and I look pale and not myself at all. When people ask me where my Husband is I cannot lie to them.I know that I shouldn't feel ashamed so why do I?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails