Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Roughing it part two












Above you can see some of the pictures I took at camp, although I was hesitant at first about sleeping in tents we had a fantastic time!!


On our first night there none of us slept well, the girls stayed up chatting, ducks tried to wander into our tent and we had our ministers three year old daughter sleeping with us in our air bed so it wasn't exactly roomy. However the next day the weather was just beautiful and as we left the first session we met a couple who were missionaries in Turkey for seven years and could speak fluent Turkish-what a blessing for my husband!! I don't think people often realize how much it means to have others pray with you in your first language if they are never deprived of it. As it stands there appears to be not one other Turkish christian in this country. And they are just the loveliest couple, truly we feel so blessed to have met them and hope to keep in further contact with them.

The speakers were wonderful, the worship annointed-how beautiful and amazing to fill the hall to the rafters with voices singing God's praises. I cannot put into words the feeling of awe I experienced as I was filled with praises for God. Sometimes it is so easy to get so busy trying to be the ideal wife and mother that God gets left out. And although our usual day is filled with learning,singing and talking about God as well as praying sometimes I guess I am guilty of not keeping it real with God as we all do at some point.I have to say to have the time to just sit there and say 'Here I am lord' was really I think just what I needed
Anyway other exciting news is that while we were there my husband was baptised! Ozcan was brought up as a muslim and when we first met and became friends is when he started exploring christianity. He had been waiting for some time (as our church only performs them about once a year when they have enough people) I have to say that to see my husband make a full commitment to turn his life to Jesus was the best day of my life.

1 comment:

pharez said...

So are you and your husband back together again? If so, that is so great, I am also praying for a reconciliation in my marriage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails