Thursday, 1 July 2010

A week of surprises

It has been a week of surprises around here! The first one was on Monday when a huge bag of make-up arrived. Here are a just few of the lip glosses...

But also included in the bag was an assortment of nail polishes, bronzers, eye make-up and foundations. And also quite randomly this tea......



I love my Auntie Jendy and the perks of her job! Giving me a bag of make-up is like giving a child a giant sack of sweets ;)



Also out of nowhere I am looking after several children these holidays, which means that I can earn some extra money (even though I would have done it for free). One of the children coming is a little girl who I look after two days a week, having other peoples children in your house is such a great way to teach them about Jesus. R and Aviva get on so well and it also teaches Aviva about caring for younger children as there is a three and a half year age gap between them.

Aviva and R

And lastly I really needed a new vaccum cleaner as mine broke down a few weeks ago, so I prayed hard that I would find one second hand. So I went down today and low and behold there is one there! Also it was brand new and would normally cost $500 dollars, I couldn't believe it! (Actually I could because God is ALWAYS faithful) and so today Aviva has spent it vaccuming the house, I'm hoping the novelty doesn't wear off soon ;)

1 comment:

java girl said...

Bonnie!

What wonderful gifts and at a time when a little lift of the heart was needed :O) Family is truly a blessing. Have fun watching all of the kiddos!!

And if you did eat meat I'm sure you would love the meatloaf! Stay tuned because I'm pretty sure you are going to love how the meatloaf looks!

Talk soon :O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails