Friday, 23 July 2010

Real girls eat REAL food



Granted this is not the most flattering photo of me :) (I had just come home from a long run) however I use it to illustrate the point that you do not need to starve yourself, cut out all carbohydrates or eat food that comes prepacked in cardboard boxes from the frozen foods section of the supermarket aisle to lose a large amount of weight.

In fact I don't believe that's normal or healthy. So far I have lost 35 kilos (75 pounds) and I certainly didn't do it by starving myself in any way. Everyday I eat huge amounts of fruit and vegetables, moderate amounts of protein and carbohydrates and small amounts of fats and refined sugars but I am never hungry. Once a week I do have something I want like some french fries or a chocolate croissant and the rest of the time I make delicious, healthy meals that I look forward to eating. The thing about diets is that they don't ever work because in real life they just don't hold up for long and then you gain the weight back plus extra. Maybe some people can live the rest of their lives eating only cottage cheese and celery or never eating bread or pasta but I can tell you right now I'm not one of them.Sometimes I do slip up and eat more than I should of but I lace up my running shoes, get out there and make better choices the next day.

Because I get emails from time to time from people asking me how I did it I just want to say. There is no magic cure. Instead it's all about eating moderately and well. Cut out the white foods and processed stuff from your diet and start drinking lots of water and green tea. Make little changes at at a time and before you know you will look and feel amazing.

At the beginning of last year I was huge, miserable and looked at least six months pregnant even though I wasn't. Below is a photo showing me at the weight I was, not a pretty picture!





This is me now both photos were taken within the last two weeks. I still haven't lost all I want to however I am fit, healthy and I can hold my head up high!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails