Saturday, 4 April 2009

Pizzas and the sound of music

For as long as I have known my Husband we have had 'Pizza and DVD' night on a Saturday. I would wake up on a Saturday morning barely able to contain my excitement because to me there is nothing better than pizza, I love it in all it's carby, fattening glory. And to add a great movie to the mix is just sealing the already fantastic deal.


When I started my healthy eating regime I almost started hyperventilated at the thought of no pizza. How could I endure a whole week without the thought of my fifth best friend, until I sneakily devised a way around it all. I would replace the base with a wholemeal one, I would make my own healthy pizza sauce to go on the bottom, I would add truck loads of vegetables and use Lite Mozzarella,and I would only have half the amount I normally would. Instead of following it with Ice-cream I would instead have a Coke Zero which was not a huge sacrifice anyway because I love Coke Zero so much I could probably do an entire post on it but have been trying to give it up until I found the perfect excuse to have it once a week.


So this afternoon we began making them, and I'm afraid I went a little overboard because we now have six pizzas in the freezer, on the upside that means no cooking on a Saturday for six weeks! I let Aviva choose what she wanted (and I know you are going to think she is indeed a freak of nature) but she wanted lots and lots of eggplant, courgettes and mushrooms, I barely had room for the cheese after she was finished.



So we sat in the lounge (by this stage the neighbours children had joined us, although once they saw what the pizza had been reduced to they couldn't get out of the house fast enough) and watched 'The sound of music' (with compulsory sing -along of course). I love having a daughter, I somehow doubt that a son would have so enthusiastically sung along with me, but you never know.

Here is some pictures of us making pizzas, my daughter took 95% of them from the peeling of the tomato's for the Pizza sauce to the finished product.






1 comment:

java girl said...

All I can say is YUMMMMMMM-MMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!! That just made my mouth water, and I just ate my lunch!!

What a lovely tradition!! I'm about to sound very American but on Tuesday nights we watch "American Idol" (gasp I know) and eat pizza too!! Only because the kitchen is under construction we tend to lean more towards a frozen packaged pizza and homemade salad. I LOVE that your pizza had so much yummy yummy veggies on it!!

Don't you just love having a little girl to sing with? I do!!

PS please share how you made your own sauce. I've never tried this and would love to!!

GOD BLESS YOU GIRL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails