Saturday, 9 January 2010

A perfect day for a pie


I love apple pie although I don't really get the chance to eat it often, I guess that fruit pies just aren't that popular in New-Zealand. But this morning when I was at the farmers market they had the most gorgeous Granny Smith apples and as we were having friends and family around for a BBQ, I decided to make an apple pie for dessert, I've only made it once before in my life so I thought I did quite well.



I however did change the recipe I found around quite alot, I also decided at the last minute to throw in some blackberries, there was alot of juice left over from the apple/berry mix so I'm going to use in it the Strawberry Jam that I plan on making on Monday



I love baking, it truly is one of my greatest joys in life.

1 comment:

java girl said...

Oh my that looks and sounds so yummy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails