Friday, 26 December 2008

Welcoming 2009

I haven't written in such a long time it seems, I just haven't had the heart to talk about homemaking and homeschooling when on the inside I just felt like I was barely coping. My husband has been very ill and this comes at a time when my own health has been failing considerably. Oh but the Lord has been so faithful to us! Building me up when I felt like crumbling and sustaining my husband through what has been a very trying time.

We spent a lovely Christmas with extended family which is not what we had originally planned but it turned out to so much fun. My Aunt had gone all out and her house looked just like Martha Stewart had decorated it herself :)


We ended over fifty of our family members attend so it was a great turn out. Also today I saw a dear friend who had moved to Australia earlier in the year, We have been friends since I was ten so it was wonderful to see her, we walked around the waterfront and I ended getting burnt! I think it is time to invest in a straw hat.

I have an older Sister Toni who is a best friend to me, she is one of the people who have been there for me.In so many ways she has been a mother to me as well (she is ten years older than me) and when my younger sister died five years ago I think the tragedy brought us even closer together. After being told she would never hold a baby to full term the Lord has blessed her and last week she gave birth to a little girl named Ruby-Rose, she is so, so beautiful and my sister is just joyously happy!



I am looking so forward to the year! I have so many home school ideas that I can't wait to put into action. Also we are going to a christian camp in January and as I haven't slept in a tent since I was a child I am a little apprehensive but very excited as well!

May 2009 be a year of blessings for you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails