Sunday, 20 December 2009

Beauty in all cultures





























Anyone who knows me also knows how I love to celebrate in the diversity of other cultures other than my own. Western ideas of beauty are somewhat limited so I love to learn and watch the other traditions and ideas of beauty in all cultures. I have always loved the Indian culture-the food, music and beauty of clothing and decoration. I recently purchased my first sari and have great fun wearing it around the house ( I am not brave enough to wear it out !! :D )
My very good friend La-Donna and I recently attended a local Indian festival of sorts and had an amazing day drinking Mango Lassi, buying bollywood films and of course watching live dance, but the best part of all? Havng our hands painted with henna!

1 comment:

java girl said...

It looks like you had a nice time!! It would be fun to see the dancing, now that I'm trying to workout to a Bollywood video. Ummm.. I can't shurg my shoulders for the life of me. ;O)

Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails