Friday, 17 July 2009

Fun in winter :)

This winter has been the coldest in my town for over fifty years, at nights Aviva and I retreat my my room very early and sit with our books by the heater. We have really been enjoying pioneering type books and it has been a good opportunity to teach Aviva more about cross stitch and knitting. We have also been faithfully out in the garden this last week planting the rest of the tulips and daffodils, I can't wait until spring comes and they transform the whole garden!!

Also my Above Rubies arrived this week and Aviva and I were almost jumping up and down with excitement :) We read it cover to cover sitting under my quilt, and then talked about the stories for about an hour afterwards. My favourite story was called "my milk miracle' and talked so much about Gods faithfulness and providence. Obviously being a single mother with no job and no financial support from my family I struggle at times, but God always steps in at the last moment. We have never been able to not pay a bill and have never been without food (he even arranged a gym membership for me in exchange for me tutoring a teenager :) )

I hopefully will have a computer at some time as well, my blog is looking very boring with no photos or anything (and that's because I have to use the computer at the library) I look like I've been very lazy in comparison with some people's Amazing blogs!

I have also spent my spare time coming up with some gorgeous homemade masks, exfoliates and hair treatments. Yesterday I made my first batch of honey and rose hand lotion and coconut lip balm. I honestly wanted to eat them! I will write the recipes next time because they are inexpensive, natural and with fantastic results. I often spend a Saturday night tucked away in the bathroom having a spa day (or night) and now I can do it for a fraction of the price. I knew my beauty therapy diploma would come in use one day :)

2 comments:

java girl said...

Oh Bonnie!

You are just the dearest! Thank you for praying for me. I will be praying for you too, and the continued blessing for you to be supported in this time of need. I firmly believe that God is our Husband during this season in our lives. He is the covering and the provider. For me He has provided by allowing us to live with my parents. I know he will provide for you too! I will also pray for you about a church. I so long for friends my age and a community. Between work and life I've been a bit over whelmed. I realized that today when I let my boss and her boss know that there was some things they are asking us to do that go against company policy. After I wrote the letter I felt a weight come off of my shoulders. I feel like this has been so much more of a burden than I was realized. Isn't it strange how one part of our lives can make the others harder. You are a dear friend to be and I thank you for sharing your life story with me and others as well. I'm hopeful. Now I just have to trust.

Have a blessed weekend with your daughter! I put tea bags on my eyes last weekend. It was fun!

Unknown said...

God is so faithful! He always provides, even when things get really tough.

Your homemade beauty things sound wonderful! You sound like quite a talented woman :)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails