Thursday, 11 June 2009

I am finally back!

Finally I am back online!! My sister has returned to work and has asked me to look after her baby whilst her partner coaches his sports team, so here I am except the baby sleeps all the time which just leaves me with time to write on my blog and more importantly catch up on other ladies inspiration blogs.

Things with me are going well, to be honest this is never the life I imagined I would have at 25. I imagined sweet babies asleep under blankets I had knitted, days spent teaching my children at home, afternoons baking and a husband who came home at the same time after work. However I am also very grateful that God always has a plan B. I watched "Love comes softly' written of course by Janette Oake but on DVD (which I thought was portrayed beautifully) And it really reinforced that our lives may not go according to what we have planned but that doesn't mean God doesn't have something else equally amazing in plan for us.

Aviva and I have been having a great winter so far. Nights spent under quilts watching Anne of green gables, afternoons in our kitchen baking rye bread, eating minestrone soup whilst listening to huge hailstorms, splashing in puddles and thanking God that all water usage in my City is free, Friday nights eating pizza and reading little women.I have so, so much to be grateful for.I have such a blessed life compared to many!

I have also lost nearly 40 pounds now and I feel so, so great. My old lethargy is gone and I look so forward to dance classes every Tuesday night! I will write more soon about how I have managed to achieve this :) But for now I have to check on the baby and get things ready for tonight's prayer group :)

I also hope there are not too many typos in this post, I'm not used to typing on a laptop!

3 comments:

java girl said...

Dearest Bonnie,

I was just thinking about you last night! I'm so glad that you put a post up to let us all know how you are! Thanks for coming over to my little place in blogland and enjoying your time there!

I know that it is kind of scary when plan B is known by God and we just have to live it out by faith. I'm so proud of you for holding on to the Lord. I really do believe that there will be a Godly husband for you and that your dreams will come true. Right now you are just in the valley. I will be praying for you and your daughter and for doors to be opened. Public school scares me too. I have a few years so and I am believing that my Boaz will come before my Butterfly has to go to school.

Love Comes Softly is one of my favorite movies of all time. And when I need a reminder of the kind of man Boaz will be I watch this movie. Because to me Clark is a boaz. Did you know that the name Boaz means, "in him there is strength"? Boaz was the name of one of the supports in the temple of God. My dad told me that about two weeks ago. It kind of blew my mind that this is what I have been praying for and waiting for. God is amazing!

Good job of 40 lbs of weight loss! I know that you must feel so much better.

Please don't be a stranger and have a blessed day loving on that dear little baby of your sisters :O)

Unknown said...

Hello Bonnie. I just found your blog after going through some of my older blog posts. I found you had commented on one of my posts, and I never had seen the comment before! I know what you mean about life not turning out the way that you imagined. I have felt that way too, but God's plan B is many times way better than our plan A. I'm believing that for you! I love the "Love Comes Softly" books and dvd's. They are so encouraging. Have you seen any of the other ones besides the first one? There are 6 or 7 total now I think. They are all so good. Congratulations on your weight loss! That is wonderful!

Bonnie said...

Simplebeauty- I never get tired of reading the book of Ruth, to me it is the most romantic love story to be writen and to make it better it's true! It can give us all hope for a Godly man on the darkest of days. I pray daily for a steadfast faith like Ruth. Thank-you for sharing what Boaz's name means, I find that really beautiful. I have so much faith you are going to find an amazing, Godly man who is more than a great husband to you but a devoted father to your little girl.

Jen-Thanks for the comment! I have just discovered Janette Oake but look forward to reading many more of her books. They are so incredibly touching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails